Florida is known for its distinct climate, which can be tough on residential roofs. From wind, tropical storms, to the sun, Floridians have a tough time keeping their roofs safe from harsh weather conditions.
Luckily, we’ve prepared a list of top roofing choices for Floridian homes!
Though metal roofing is every modern homeowner’s choice, it isn’t a new roofing option; metal roofing dates back to the 1800s. However, metal shingles and sheets are a popular preference for most Floridian homes mainly because they are inexpensive and beautiful. Moreover, they’re quite easy to transport and don’t require much maintenance, making them a suitable option for many homeowners.
But that’s not all this roofing type offers! Metal roofing is a popular roofing option in Florida due to its durability; metal roofing can last up to 70 to 80 years if well-maintained, making it perfect for the Floridian weather. Moreover, it can cost from $6 to $14 per square foot but can vary depending on the design and material you choose.
Generally, homeowners can choose from two types of metal roofing—sheets or panels and shingles. Metal roofing is available in various hues and can be painted.
Metal Roofing Pros
- Metal roofing requires low maintenance.
- Highly durable
- Available in various colors and styles
- Can mimic other types of roofs
- It’s eco-friendly
Metal Roofing Cons
- It might start rippling if not installed correctly.
- Metal roofs require expert labor for installation and repairs.
Though wood roofing wouldn’t be fit for all Floridian homes, the ones that have a vintage look to them can consider this option. Wood roofing is available in a wide range of designs starting from sandy auburn to silver. Moreover, they’re perfect for the dry Floridian areas as it can last for over 50 years.
Be careful of the wood type you use since it can lead to insect infestations. If you’re looking for a cheaper roof type, this roof type is the best for you since wood roofs are cheap and cost an average of $5 per square foot. However, the rates can vary depending on installation type since shakes are more expensive than shingles.
Wood Roofing Pros
- Add to your home’s curb appeal
- An affordable roof option
Wood Roofing Cons
- Wood roofs are prone to damage from water, unwanted organic growth, etc.
- Might require additional treatment to safeguard it in case of fire hazards.
- High maintenance option.
Shingles (Asphalt, Fiberglass, Composite)
Nearly every home in the United States uses shingles since they’re resilient and affordable with a simple installation. Moreover, asphalt shingles have a lifespan of almost 30 years and are eco-friendly, since they’re reused on pavements. Experts mix materials like fiberglass, mineral composite to obtain a wide range of hues such as blue, brown, green, red, and gray.
Shingle Roofs Pros
- Highly affordable
- Require minimal maintenance
- Shingle roofs are suitable for almost every climate
- They come in a variety of hues and styles.
- They’re eco-friendly
Shingle Roofs Pros
- Shingle roofs are prone to sun damage since their color wears off.
- They have a short lifespan.
Clay tiles go back to 5,000 years when they were used as glazed ceramic rooftops in China, making them a highly popular roofing material globally. Clay tiles costs can range from $10 to $18 per square foot and are highly durable, lasting up to 100 years and sometimes even longer. The best part about this roofing type is it offers a wide range of styles such as French, Spanish, Scania, etc.
What sets this roofing type apart is, it can last longer than other types, despite its expensive installation and repairs. Moreover, it’s apt for Florida and South California homes since this roofing option performs exceptionally well in hot climates and can withstand strong winds up to 150 miles per hour.
Clay Tiles Pros
- Add to the home’s curb appeal
- Clay tiles require low maintenance
- They’re available in a range of hues.
- They’re eco-friendly since they’re made from natural supplies.
- Keep the temperature of the home in check
Clay Tiles Cons
- They can easily get damaged.
- Clay tiles require additional structural weight support
- They require expert labor for installation and repairs.
Green roofs are a highly preferred option for most homes and are a great choice too. Green roofs entail covering your roof with natural vegetation and are often called vegetative or eco-roofs. These roofs are perfect for homes in hot climates such as Florida’s. Moreover, they are affordable, ranging from 10 to $25 per square foot. Green roofs offer numerous benefits, including protecting home against excessive heat, control of rainwater runoff, environmentally friendly, and more. They also have a long lifespan of 30 to 50 years.
Green Roofing Pros
- They’re highly durable
- Green roofs are eco-friendly
Green Roofing Cons
- They require regular maintenance due to the vegetation.
- Needs additional support
- Maintenance and installation require professional labor.
Looking for Roofing Services in Pensacola, Fl? Certified Pro Roofing Is At Your Service!
Whether you’re considering metal roofing in Pensacola, Fl, or asphalt shingles, you need a professional roof company in Pensacola, Fl, to get the job done! If you’re looking for a professional roof company in Pensacola, Fl, reach out to Certified Pro Roofing!
Certified Pro Roofing is a top-notch and leading roof company in Pensacola, Fl. We take pride in offering roof maintenance, new roof installation services, roof inspection services, roof repair services, and more right here in Florida. Moreover, we offer various roof types such as metal roofing, asphalt roofing, TPO, and more. We also offer financing options for our roofing services.
Get in touch with us right away for the best roofing services in Pensacola, Fl!